Saturday, March 16, 2013

Nurses Notes Rheumatic Heart Disease




RHEUMATIC HEART DISEASE

DEFINITION: Endocarditis associated with rheumatic fever caused by group A beta-hemolytic streptococcal infection.



CLINICAL MANIFESTATIONS

·          Heart murmurs characteristic of valvular stenosis, egurgitation or both become audible on auscultation
·          Cardiac symptoms defend on which side of the heart is involved. Severity of symptoms depends on size and location of the lesion
·          The mitral valve is mostly affected, producing symptoms of left sided heart failure, shortness of breath, crackles and wheezes

DIAGNOSTIC PROCEDURES

·          Throat culture for accurate diagnosis of streptococcal infection of the throat

MEDICAL MANAGEMENT
·          Eradication of causative organism and prevention of additional complications such as thromboembolitic event
·          Long term antibiotic therapy-Penicillin

NURSING MANAGEMENT
·          Teaching patient about the disease its treatme nt and the steps needed to avoid complications
·          Educate patient and community regarding recognition of streptococcal infections and the need to treat them
·          Teach susceptible patients that may require long term oral antibiotic therapy and may be required to take prophylactic antibiotics
·          Emphasize that less common diagnostic procedures such as cystoscopy, also require prophylactic antibiotic therapy



3 comments:

  1. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Health Home, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Health Home via their email at ultimatehealthhome@gmail.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello everyone, Now this is to everyone out there with different health challenges, as I know there are still a lot of people suffering from different health issues and are therefore looking for solution. I bring you Good news. There is a man called Dr.Ayomide a herbal practitioner who helped cure me from Genital herpes, this i had suffered from for the past 2years and i have spent so much money trying to survive from it. I got my healing by taking the herbal medicine he sent to me to drink for about 9days . 3days after completion of the dosage, I went for a medical checkup and I was tested Genital Herpes NEGATIVE. I'm sharing this so that other people can know of this great healer called Dr Ayomide because I got to know him through a friend he cured from HIV. I was made to understand that he can cure several other deadly diseases and infections. Don't die in ignorance and don't let that illness take your life. Contact Dr.Ayomide through his email address;ayomideherbalhome@gmail.com You can also call him or WhatsApp him on:+2348062443909 Thank you Dr. Ayomide. Be kind enough to share as you received.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm 61 years old. I contracted hpv in 2011' I has be taking lot treatment for it and embarrassed some months ago the wart stated coming out seriously, I used lot recommendation because there was lot warts around my anus and was so . but today I'm totally happy I got the virus eliminated by using natural treatment from Dr voodoo herbal center after his treatment I got cured. all the warts went away' seriously believed Dr. voodoo he have the cure for human papillomavirus because he has eliminated hpv been in my body since 2011, Dr. voodoo make it possible for me. Here is Dr. voodoo email: voodoospelltemple66@gmail.com or WhatsApp him via +2348140120719 he is welled capable of curing terrible diseases.

    ReplyDelete